Favourite football player of all time

favourite football player


The obvious answer would be Messi or Busquets. But my favourite player of all times is David Villa because he was the one who actually got me interested in football. People are attracted to attackers when they start watching football initially. Same was the case with me. I started watching football because of David Villa during his Valencia years. He was just a top striker playing in La Liga. But soon he played with Spain and I realised his importance. While Xavi Iniesta and Alonso did the dirty work, him and Torres were the perfect finishers you could hope for. Villa was the supplier to Torres and used to take the ball from the midfield. He was fast, had amazing dribbling skills, and was an amazing finisher, probably the best from 2006-10. He could head, both his feet were equally dangerous and used to score tons of goals. Above all this, he was a very smart finisher just like Suarez and Ronaldo. He knew what he had to do in front of the goal so that the ball goes in. And he played every second like it was his last. Gave everything to the game. It was the first time I cried for a football player when he decided to quit Barcelona. His first season was amazing. He scored crucial goals for us and humiliated Madrid. I love him for this. When he came after injury and opened the scoring against Milan in 2012, I was sure of one thing that class never goes out of style. He will always be my favourite player as he inspired me to watch this game. His world cup performances were the best one can imagine. Him Xavi Iniesta Busquets and Pique were the reason I fell in love with The Spain national team. He can still play better for Spain than their current forwards.

Comments

Popular Posts